Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All Hail Our New Leader


Maybe Adam Lind just capitalized on woeful pitching last night, but who cares? If that wins 10-8 ballgames, then here's hoping more Jays learn by his example.

And, as a side note, I have made it known that I'd be an inconsistent presence around these parts, a specter, an apparition, and I've been true to that promise. But the end is near! More regular, half-thought-out conjecture and knee-jerk analysis are but weeks away! Watch this space.

Also, I'll be visiting both Yankee Stadium and Shea Stadium before their death knells sound, and I couldn't be more excited. Hat tip to the great Mets/Shea blog Loge 13 for stoking my excitement concerning that doomed ballpark. If you visit the site, be sure to read the About page. It's a nice piece of writing and a ground-level view of how the economics of new ballparks affect the everyday fan (i.e. not corporations, and not millionaires).

No comments: